jueves, 21 de julio de 2011

Perry tiene la aprobación de su mujer



KHOU-TV de Houston:
Following a brief meeting on state finances Tuesday, Perry talked expansively for the first time on what his wife, Anita, has been telling him about a White House run.

“My wife was talking to me and saying: 'Listen... get out of your comfort zone. Yeah, being governor of Texas is a great job, but sometimes you're called to step into the fray,'” the governor said.

(...) “I will tell you that 60 days ago, this was not on my radar screen," Perry said. " This was something that both my wife and people that I really trust who know me well... that caused me to really look at what's going on in America.”

Having family backing is perhaps a potential presidential candidate's first consideration.

Political consultant Craig Goldman of Fort Worth worked on John McCain's 2008 campaign and says Anita Perry's support is huge.

“They [spouses] are on the campaign trail as well," Goldman said. "The candidate is not going to be coming home very much between Labor Day and Election Day, so those primaries and caucuses, so you have to have your family support. They are a vital part of running for president.” (...)

No hay comentarios: